Ooty Tourism & places to visit in Ooty
When you are planning a trip to Ooty, there are several places to visit that you can never skip.For every mountain lover, nature lover, and travel lover Ooty is considered one of the best places in India. Ooty is also familiar as Udagamandalam. It is a hill station, situated in Tamil Nadu that is a popular tourist destination for those who are looking for a picturesque place to unwind and relax. Ooty is situated in the lap of Nilgiri Hills and situated at an altitude of 2,240 meters. One will get favorable weather throughout the year in Ooty.
Not only for tourists, but Ooty is also a popular honeymoon destination for newlywed couples. The place is decorated with several magnificent sights of tea gardens, serene waterfalls, and Nilgiri Hills. Here you will get the movie-like view and also will witness the charm of old-world colonial architecture that will fill your soul with satisfaction. If you want to flee from the extreme humidity and the scorching heat of the Indian sun, then Ooty will be the perfect destination for you. You can enjoy a trip on the Toy train to move around the city. By the Toy Train trip, you will get the panoramic views of this entire beautiful hill station. To witness the beauty of nature must visit this beautiful hill station.
What are the best places to see in Ooty-
1. Ooty Lake - It is one of the most beautiful and refreshing places to visit in Ooty. From the Ooty city, this beautiful lake is situated at a distance of 2 kilometers. This mesmerizing lake is spread over an area of 65 acres. Ooty Lake is surrounded by the beautiful Eucalyptus trees and greenery all around. If you are interested in photography, this lake will be the perfect destination where you can capture some excellent photographs. Here you can enjoy boating on paddle boats, motor boats, and rowing boats. There is also a mini train available for children so that they can take a quick tour around the Ooty Lake.
2. Nilgiri Mountain Railway - Nilgiri Mountain Railway is also known as the Toy Train in Ooty. It is one of the best attractions in Ooty. For its history and popularity, this train was declared as a World Heritage Site in 2005 by UNESCO. In 1899, this railway was started and till today this place continues to charm travelers. This Toy Train covers a distance of 46 kilometers and within 5 hours. Another attractive feature of this train is the youngest X class locomotive is 50 years old and the oldest locomotive is 80 years old. The Toy Train trip covers Kellar, Mettupalayam, Wellington, Lovedale, Coonoor, and Ootacamund. It is the best means of transport to witness the pristine treasures of the Nilgiris. It is also one of the prime attractions and you must include in your Ooty packages
3. Ooty Botanical Gardens - This botanical garden is one of the best places to visit in Ooty It lies on the lower slopes of the Doddabetta peak. The area of Ooty Botanical Garden is spread over an area of 22 hectares. In the garden, you will see several sections. The various sections of this Botanical Garden are trimmed beautifully that present a beautiful sight. Inside this garden, you can see the colorful natural beauty. For over 160 years, local and foreign travelers have visited the beautiful lawn of this garden. Here you will see the beauty of various flowers, ferns, and orchids. Toda hill is another attraction of the Ooty Botanical Garden that is also known as Toda mund.
4. Emerald Lake, Ooty - This lake is situated in the Emerald Village and at a distance of 20-22 kilometers from Ooty. This lake is a part of the Silent Valley National Park. This lake is serene and it is situated away from the crowd of the city. This lake is a perfect place where you can enjoy a leisurely time in the beauty of nature. If you are a nature lover then the Emerald Lake will be the perfect place. This lake is also a very popular picnic spot for tourists.
5. Avalanche Lake - This lake is also one of the best places to visit in Ooty. Avalanche Lake is situated within a distance of 26 kilometers from Ooty. This lake is a famous tourist spot in Tamil Nadu. It is a popular destination for photographers and nature enthusiasts mainly. Ths lake is situated amid the captivating landscape that is filled with beautiful flowers. The surrounding waterfalls add extra beauty to this beautiful lake.
6. Ooty Rose Garden - Ooty Rose Garden is an extremely beautiful garden that is situated in the heart of this hill station. This Rose Garden is also very popular among the places to visit in Ooty. It is also familiar by the name of Jayalalithaa Rose Garden, the Centenary Rose Park, and the NoortranduRojaPoonga. This place is always captivated by nature lovers. Here you will get the beautiful view of the lush green garden that is dedicated to the fragrant roses. It is also one of the prime attractions and you must include in your Ooty packages
7. Dolphin’s Nose, Ooty - This place is considered as one of the mandatory best places to visit in Ooty. This place is situated at a distance of 12 kilometers from Coonoor and located at an altitude of 1,500 meters. The tip of the peak resembles a dolphin’s nose, that is why it is called as Dolphin’s nose. In the Nilgiris District, this place is one of the most visited tourist spots. It is situated amid the rolling hills of the Nilgiri Hills. The best part that you will see in this place is the tea plantations and the hairpin turns throughout the way to reach Dolphin’s Nose.
8. Doddabetta Peak - Doddabetta means Big Peak. This peak is also listed among the excellent places to visit in Ooty. This place is situated at a distance of 10 kilometers from the city of Ooty. Doddabetta Peak is considered the highest peak in the Nilgiri Hills. Here you will see the picturesque view of the surroundings that will be the real treat to your eyes. Doddabetta Peak is considered as the most recommended place to visit in this beautiful hill station. It is also a very well known trekking destination. This peak offers an outstanding view of the nearby areas that are covered with dense forests. If you visit this peak on a clear day, you can see as far as Mysore.
9. Thread Garden, Ooty - The thread garden is very popular among the places to visit in Ooty. This garden houses some of the most beautiful and magnificent collections of artificial flowers and plants. All these flowers are made by the expert hands of skilled artists just by using threads. That is why this garden is named Thread Garden. Around 6 crore meters of embroidery thread has been used in the creation of this extraordinary garden. Apart from threads, stiff cardboards have been used for making the petals steel and copper wires have been used to make the stems. Here you will see more than 150 types of artificially made flowers.
10. St. Stephen’s Church, Ooty - This Church is also considered as one of the best places to visit in Ooty. This church is popular for its marvelous and breathtaking architectural marvel, that was built in colonial times. This church is located on the way to Mysore to Ooty. The St. Stephen’s Church is one of the ancient churches situated in the Nilgiris district. In the 19th century, this structure was built by the British Government.
11. Kalhatti Falls, Bellikkal - Kalhatti Falls is often called Bird Watcher’s Paradise. From this place, you will get the aerial view of the entire valley and from some spots, you can watch some endemic birds. For the beautiful surrounding and calm atmosphere, this place is very popular among the places to visit in Ooty.
12. Tiger Hill - Tiger Hill is located within a distance of 6 kilometers from the city center of this hill station. This hill is nestled towards the lower end of the Doddabetta Peak. It is one of the most mesmerizing places to visit in Ooty. This hill offers a picturesque panoramic view of the valley, situated below.
13. Annamalai Temple - Annamalai temple is situated at a distance of 20 kilometers from the city of Ooty. This temple is devoted to Lord Murugan and presently it is known as the 7th Hill House of the Lord Murugan. The locals perform poojas at this temple and a small ashram is run by an aged man beside this temple. This temple is situated on one of the most picturesque lands.
14. Droog Fort, Coonoor - Droog fort is a significant historical place. It is considered as one of the best places to visit in Ooty. This fort is located at a distance of 15 kilometers from the foothills of the Nilgiris.
15. Lamb’s Rock - Among the popular places to visit in Ooty, the Lamb’s Rock is considered. This place is situated at a distance of 8 kilometers from Coonoor. From this place, you will witness a few fascinating views of the Coimbatore Plains and the Coonoor hills. It is also one of the prime attractions and you must include in your Ooty packages
16 Tea Factory, Ooty - Ooty Tea Factory is also a considerable place to visit in Ooty. The Tea Factory is situated on the Doddabetta Road. Emerald green tea plantations surround the factory. This tea museum will take you on the tour of the tea revolution from its origin to the present. This factory has a variety of preserved tea leaves on the display and from this factory, you can buy several types of tea leaves.
17 Pykara Lake - Pykara Lake is a popular gateway and one of the best places to visit in Ooty. Because of dam construction, the Pykara village, the backwaters of the dam formed a huge lake. This lake is known as the Pykara Lake. This lake has become a popular tourist attraction. The scenic beauty of this lake attracts a significant amount of visitors throughout the year.
18 Pykara Waterfalls- Pykara waterfalls is situated at a distance of 2 kilometers from the Pykara Lake. This majestic lake is also a very popular tourist attraction of Ooty. This waterfall was made by the Pykara River. This waterfall drops down into two sections and provides unique beauty to the stream.
19 Wenlock Downs - Wenlock Downs is the accommodation of the Hindusthan Photo Films Company. This place is also considered as one of the best places to visit in Ooty. When you walk through the grass, you will surely get peace. If you are a golf enthusiast, this place will be a perfect destination for you.
Here is the list of places to visit in Ooty The places are mesmerizing and everyone will have a good time here.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *