The "Coffee Land of Karnataka" is situated at the lap of the Mullayangiri Range and has a fantastic reach of places to visit in Chikamagalur. It touches the cloud at 3,400 feet and acts a magnet for the freshly brewed aroma of coffee fanatics. The aura constitutes tranquillity which has become a famous gateway to escape the monotonous city lives. The climate here is very soothing as it offers a moderate to cool weather. The temperature in the city ranges from 25-32 °C in summers and 11-20 °C in winters.
Besides the coffee plantations, it has several boasting places to visit, trek, and to view dawn from behind the reddish-yellow mountains. Here, are the most attractive places to visit in Chikamagalur:
• Mullayanagiri -> The tallest peak in the state has entirely earned its name for its lush greenery forests, and trekking. It has a raw beauty to witness at the top, almost breathtaking. It is only 10km away from the city.
• Bhadra River -> If you're an adventure lover, then rafting here will inevitably top your list. The place is almost an epicentre for both wildlife regions and hill stations.
• Kudremukh National Park -> A recognized UNESCO World Heritage Site, draws the attention of the tourists with its beautiful sightseeing spots and the conduction of outdoor activities. It is at a distance of 59km away from the city.
• Kemmanagundi -> Tagged under "must visit", this place steals the limelight in all shapes and forms. You will witness a variety of springs, waterfalls, streams, gardens and forests. It is at a distance of 27km away from the city.
• Coffee Plantation -> The story behind its title is due to the large estates of coffee plantations. It is considered a ritual to take a tour into the blooming green plantations of coffee beans. The aromatic relaxing smell, history and other details are inclusive the tour.
There are several Chikamagalur tour package deals in which you can choose whatever fits the best with budget and dates. It stretches from half-day 6 hours (Rs. 400/person approx) to 2 days 1 night (Rs. 2,500/person approx) with a homestay experience in different places.
Chikamagalur tourism flourishes due to its sound connectivity and availability of transportation. The city is connected around the other parts within the state with roads. NH 173 cuts through the town, joining Bangalore (250km away from the city) and Mangalore port city (150km away from the city). SH 57 aids in connecting between Hassan and Shimoga. There is also a railway line which runs between Kadur and Chikmagalur. Travellers can use the Mangalore international airport to reach the city.
The best time to visit Chikamagalur tourist places when it is halfway to winter and at its minimum temperature, that is, in between September to March. The place always offers pleasant weather all around the year. It is also suggested to tour during monsoon season, that is, early July. Nevertheless, it came with caution and advised against to visit in August because it receives the bulk of rainfall.
Baba Budangiri History The Baba Budangiri in the Baba Budan Range is one of the most...View details
Ballalarayana Durga Fort A mysterious spell always surrounds forts. Most of the forts...View details
Belavadi When someone talks about the best places to visit in Chikmagalur, Belavadi...View details
Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary The Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the significant...View details