Karkala is a town of Western Ghat in Karkala (Udupi District, Karnataka) Mangalore tour package covers this place as well. It is very important from the educational point also as many colleges are here and there.
Without any doubt, Karkala has a beautiful culmination of all the religions. Besides that, it has built its own identity as it nurtures Jainism, Hinduism, and Christianity together. Karkala has Hindu temples and Jain Basadis, Christian Churches and Muslim Mosques also.
• The statue of Bahubali is one major attraction of Karkala. To honour the great king this statue was made. And it is the 2nd largest of its kind.
• Ramasamudra Lake: There is a belief that this lake never to get dry. Localities say that Ramasamudra Lake has unique healing power.
• Anekere Lake: built by the famous king Pandayeva. It has been the main source of the city water supply for a long time.
• Attur Church: is located in a small village away from the main city of Karkala. But Mangalore tour package cover this church. As everybody says that the church has been made twice after being damaged in some war. Therefore It has tremendous historical value. The first time it was damaged by the mighty Tipu Sultan.
• Lord Ananthshayana: was once famous as the Jain Basadi. Besides that, it transformed to worship Lord Vishnu. The idol here says that to It was from a single black stone.
Anantha Shayana temple is famous the Sri Ananthapadmanabha. The temple’s location...View details
There are many Jain tirthas (pilgrimage sites) across India indeed. And therefore...View details
The Gomatheshwara temple was in the time of the 15th century. This is a Jain statue...View details
Kere Basadi being situated 72 kilometres from Mangalore, Kere Basadi is a beautiful...View details